Thursday, December 13, 2018

A2 12-13/12/18

p. 26
I often watch TV.
I sometimes watch French films.
I always listen to music in the car.
I don’t play the piano.
I sometimes play cards with friends.
I go dancing a lot.
I go shopping every Saturday.
I get up late on Sundays.
I often cook dinner for my friends.  

ˈgarden ˌcentre noun [countable]   
British English a place that sells plants, flowers, and equipment for gardens SYN nursery American English

I have no idea
ATM /ˌeɪ tiː ˈem/ noun [countable]   
(automated teller machine) a machine outside a bank that you use to get money from your account SYN cashpoint
din‧ner /ˈdɪnə $ -ər/ ●●● S1 W2 noun   
1 [countable, uncountable] the main meal of the day, eaten in the middle of the day or the evening
- What time do you usually have dinner?

din‧er /ˈdaɪnə $ -ər/ ●○○ noun [countable]   
1 especially American English a small restaurant that serves cheap meals.

cook‧e‧ry /ˈkʊkəri/ noun [uncountable]   
British English the art or skill of cooking
- a one-year cookery course

takeaway /ˈteɪkəweɪ/ noun [countable] British English   
a meal that you buy at a shop or restaurant to eat at home.

Home delivery service

nan /næn/ (also nanna) /ˈnænə/ noun [countable] British English informal ->   grandmother

leather /ˈleðə $ -ər/

barefoot /ˈbeəfʊt $ ˈber-/ (also bare-footed / $ ˈ. ˌ../) adjective, adverb   
Without shoes on your feet
 He walked barefoot across the sand.
Sticky toffee pudding is a British dessert consisting of a very moist (humedo) sponge (esponjoso) cake, made with finely chopped (cortados a rodajas) dates (dátiles), covered in a toffee sauce (salsa) and often served with a vanilla custard (natillas) or vanilla ice-cream.

both1 /bəʊθ $ boʊθ/ ●●● S1 W1 determiner, predeterminer, pronoun   
1 used to talk about two people, things etc together, and emphasize that each is included → either
 Both Helen’s parents are doctors.

I like reading before (prep.)-> going to bed

I like watching films ≠ I would like to watch a film.
I love kissing her ≠ I would like to kiss her.

mas‧sage /ˈmæsɑːʒ $ məˈsɑːʒ/
gar‧age /ˈɡærɪdʒ, -ɑːʒ $ ɡəˈrɑːʒ/
BUT
vin‧tage /ˈvɪntɪdʒ/

go mountain biking


Writing: p. 106 (send it as a text, develop the sentences)

No comments: