Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A2 17-18/12/18

Exam information
p. 28
PARA
WITH VERBS
I go there to study / work / read / see films…
WITH NOUNS
This is a present for me / Sarah / the family / my class…
score a goal
above all
Nightmare
Sleep walker
Stressful
You relax a part of your body or it relaxes
She has some toast /2 pieces of toast and orange juice for breakfast.
A white coffee/latte

What The Textbook Says
For some reason, English textbooks often teach an unnatural expression.
I’m not an expert with British English, but today’s advice is about American English.

Do you use these expressions?
I go to school on foot.
I go to my grandmother’s house by car.
It takes five hours by train to get there.
Normally they don’t say “on foot, by bus, by car, by train” in daily life!
They say:
walk to school. (VS “I go on foot”)
take the bus to work. (VS “I go by bus”)
We usually take the car to get to my grandmother’s house. (VS “We go by car”)
I like taking the train to get around because it’s faster than the bus. (VS “I like going by train”)
We flew to the west coast of the US because it’s so far away. (VS “We went by plane”)
It takes five hours on the train to get there. (VS “We go by train”)

Homework for Christmas: writing p. 106 and p. 29, everyday English.

He meets with his friends.
She enjoys to go ->going to the gym.
She spends time with your -> her family.

She takes/has breakfast before she goes to work.

No comments: