Thursday, April 19, 2012

nb2 19/4/12


Homework: grammar bank 7B a) and b).


ADJECTIVES FOLLOWED BY PREPOSITION.
Interested in
He was interested in studying science.
Famous for
He was famous for spending a lot of money.
He was famous for NOT liking football.
Worried about
We were worried about NOT passing the exam.

Impersonate' class=proncar title="See pronunciation table in "How to use dictionary" pages" v:shapes="_x0000_i1025">  [transitive]
1 to pretend to be someone else by copying their appearance, voice, and behaviour, especially in order to deceive people:
Do you know it is a very serious offence to impersonate a police officer?

Childhood
To be good/bad at something…
When my two daughters were born…

First Communion
When someone receives Holy Communion for the first time:
• Rachel's making her First Communion on Saturday.

Competitive exam
I’m very sleepy
Nursery
My father passed away in 2006.
I’ve been lucky in my life.
Climbed 1 /klaɪmd/
I’m a teacher.
I’m my own boss.
I’m self-employed.
Wanted dead or alive.
government / ˈɡʌvərnmənt / || / ˈɡʌvənmənt/
Civil servant
The best moment in my life is when my two children were born.
Vocational training.
Current – present
Accountancy
Currently
Die-died > he died in 1987.
Dead > he is dead ≠ alive.
Black and white.
PRESENT PERFECT:
- An action in the past that is relevant now:
I’ve studied English at university (you are at a job interview)
- An action recently finished:
I’ve washed the car, I hope it doesn’t rain.
- An action that started in the past and continues in the present:
I’ve studied English for two years at the language school.
- When you don’t specify when something happened or how many times:
I’ve been to Italy.

PAST SIMPLE
An action finished in the past:
-        I had toast for breakfast.
-        I was born in Rome.

Masterpiece

No comments: