Tuesday, April 17, 2012

nb2 17/4/12


Homework: grammar bank 7A a and b.

 Catch' class=proncar title="See pronunciation table in "How to use dictionary" pages" v:shapes="_x0000_i1025">  past tense and past participle caught
1. Take and hold a) [intransitive and transitive] to get hold of and stop an object such as a ball that is moving through the air [ throw]:
Stephen leapt up and caught the ball in one hand.
'Pass me that pen, would you?' 'Here you are. Catch!'
Bite – bit – bitten
Worm - caterpillar
Poisonous
Fangs
It swollens
A & E [uncountable] British English
Accident and Emergency
The part of a hospital where people who are injured or who need urgent treatment are brought
Anti-inflammatory
Disgusting
1 extremely unpleasant and making you feel sick [= revolting]:
' class=pronsentence title="British English" onclick="openSoundPlayer('8/MED.pronsentence-p008-000805238.mp3', 'pronsentence', 12461, 0);" v:shapes="_x0000_i1028"> Rubbish was piled everywhere - it was disgusting.
Smoking is a really disgusting habit.

TO BE AFRAID / FRIGHTENED OF STH
It makes me feel afraid.
Reptiles
Shore
Tide
I’ve studied English since I finished university.
I’ve lived in this house since I got married/arrived in Spain/was born.
I’ve been working since 1995.
Scene/siːn/
Scenery/ ˈsiːnəri/
climb 1 /klaɪm/
bomb 1 /bɑːm / || /bɒm/
His heart beats quickly
When the cat is away, the mice will play.
Stare
He’s going to a therapist.
I’ve had

No comments: