Thursday, January 19, 2012

nb2 19/1/12


Homework p. 135 Grammarbank 5B
Sunbathe [intransitive]
To sit or lie outside in the sun, especially in order to become brown:
Her mother was sunbathing in the back garden.
Lie down [intransitive always + adverb/preposition] to put yourself in a position in which your body is flat on the floor or on a bed.
Seaside
The seaside
British English the areas or towns near the sea, where people go to enjoy themselves:
A trip to the seaside
At the seaside
A day at the seaside
My daughter found it hard to believe that I wanted to talk to her about boys.
Trek past tense and past participle trekked, present participle trekking[intransitive always + adverb/preposition]
1 informal to make a long and difficult journey, especially on foot[= hike]
Trek up/down etc
The elevator was broken, so we had to trek up six flights of stairs.
Whole
1 [only before noun] all of something [= entire]:
You have your whole life ahead of you!
 His whole attitude bugs me.
 We ate the whole cake in about ten minutes.
        The whole thing (=everything about the situation)       just makes me sick.
 We just sat around and watched TV the whole time (=the only thing we did was watch television).
I don't believe she's telling us       the whole story (=all the facts).
 It was months before      the whole truth  came out.
The whole school/country/village etc (=all the people in a school, country etc)
The whole town came out for the parade.
Me too
Me neither
Jeans /dʒiːnz/
Suit 1 /suːt / || /suːt/ , /sjuːt/
Business / ˈbɪznəs / || / ˈbɪznɪs/
Famous / ˈfeɪməs/
Tracksuit ['træksʊ:t]
polite /pəˈlaɪt/
dangerous / ˈdeɪndʒərəs/
patient 1 / ˈpeɪʃənt/
rubbish 1 / ˈrʌbɪʃ/
Book (Verb)
1 [intransitive and transitive] to make arrangements to stay in a place, eat in a restaurant, go to a theatre etc at a particular time in the future [ reserve]:
Have you booked a holiday this year?
The flight was already fully booked (=no more seats were available).
To get tickets, you have to book in advance.
The show's booked solid (=all the tickets have been sold) until February
Above all
I like when I have time for myself and I can do whatever I want (what I like/ the things that I like)

No comments: