Tuesday, April 21, 2020

B1 20-21/4/20


20/4/20 Unit 7B


P. 115

The 2nd conditional->hypothetical or imaginary situation

1st cond-> Possible/probable
If I save (present simple) enough money, I’ll buy (will + inf.) a new car.
I’ll buy a new car if I save enough money.
If you have the money, buy it.

If I had (past simple) enough money, I would buy (would + the inf.) a car. (he/she doesn’t have the money)
I would buy (would + the inf.) a car if I had (past simple) enough money.
If I had (past simple) enough money, I could buy (could + the inf.) a car.
If I / he / she were (subjunctive)/was a rich (wo)man, I'd / he’d / she’d  (would) buy a yacht. 

If I were (subjunctive)/was a rich man, I wouldn’t buy a yacht. 

In English the subjunctive is progressively disappearing.

yacht /jɒt $ jɑːt/ ●●○ noun [countable]    
  • a large boat with a sail

God save the Queen
P. 115, ex. 2

"MY FAIR LADY"/"Wouldn't It Be Loverly?" 
Somewhere that’s my own- 1 sitio que pueda decir que es mio
Move out- irse de casa
Just- simplemente - used to emphasize what you are saying
- It just isn’t true.

Basement
Aus‧tra‧li‧a /ɒˈstreɪliə/

get on phrasal verb
1 LIKE SOMEBODY especially British English if people get on, they like each other and have a friendly relationship with each other
with
- I’ll always get on well with Henry.

Even better - incluso mejor

Drives me mad- me lleva loco

It’s not my fault /fɔːlt /- NO es mi culpa.


GRAMMAR: Patterns with could
• You use could with the base form of the verb (=the infinitive without ‘to’):
The teacher said we could go home.
He could be in his office.
• You say Could I? when asking for permission:
Could I use your phone?
• You say that something could have happened:
The team could have won.
They could already have gone home.
• You use couldn’t or could not in negative sentences:
We couldn’t see anything.
That could not be true.

If I didn’t have a good job, I wouldn’t buy a house.
Unless (si no /a no ser que / a menos que) I had a good job, I wouldn’t buy a house.
If I didn’t like her, I wouldn’t go out with her.
Unless I liked her, I wouldn’t go out with her.

Homework: Grammarbank: p. 217 + vocabulary, p. 234

P. 180 - 185
Sorry, I’m late

1st conditional online exercises

P. 116

Mentimeter: Write 10 words about the house



chest of drawers

Cabinet

Ladder
Bedroom

Courtyard


Ceiling

Roof



cur‧tain /ˈkɜːtn/

bedside table


Terrace


Gate


fireplace


the ground floor (also the first floor American English) the floor of a building that is at ground level
There is a shop on the ground floor.
The emergency room is on the first floor.

letterbox


(video) doorbell



 Stove


Glass cooktop

Cook - cocinero
Cooker - cooktop / stove




ático sustantivo
1 (último piso) top floor - penthouse

cup‧board /ˈkʌbəd/




Pregnancy Cravings
P.116

Before returning
After leaving
For receiving

Planta baja
Am Eng 1st floor
B Eng ground floor
re‧hearse /rɪˈhɜːs $ -ɜːrs/ ●○○ verb    
1 [intransitive, transitive] to practise
harp‧si‧chord /ˈhɑrpsɪˌkɔrd/ sustantivo [contable]  
clavicémbalo, clavecín
Elsewhere- demás sitios
cur‧tain /ˈkɜːtn/
cush‧ion /ˈkʊʃən/
near‧by /ˈnɪəbaɪ $ ˈnɪr-/ ●●● W3 adjective [only before noun]    
not far away
ˈphoto shoot noun [countable]    
an occasion during which a professional photographer takes pictures of a fashion model or an actor for advertisements

Over the years-con los años
Bury enterrar
Attend- asistir



P. 116, ex. 6c
Ha- 1, 3, 4, 8

No comments: