Monday, May 18, 2015

ni2 18-19/5/15

Homework: Reading activity p. 106 + writing: opinion essay (In the first paragraph you should give a little bit of background/context, then, organise the paragraphs clearly, one paragraph per idea and, in the final paragraph should show either a positive or negative view on the problem or offer a solution.) (The clinching statement).

Oil: petroleo
Petrol (Gas): gasolina (petrol (gas) station)
Diesel.

euthanasia /ˌjuːθəˈneɪziə/ noun [ U ]
[ HEALTH ] when someone who is very old or very ill is killed so that they do not suffer any more
voluntary euthanasia

I fell backwards.
My dog run accross me.
It took me a long time to be able to walk correctly again.

A&E /ˌeɪəndˈiː/ UK ( US emergency room ) noun [ C , U ]
[ HEALTH ] abbreviation for Accident and Emergency: the part of a hospital where people go when they are injured or ill and need treatment quickly.

puddle /ˈpʌdl/ noun [ C ]
a pool of liquid on the ground, usually from rain

I dragged a woman with me to the ground
Luckily we didn’t get hurt

trampoline /ˈtræmp ə liːn/ noun [ C ]
[ SPORT ] a piece of sports equipment that you jump up and down on, made of a metal structure with a piece of strong material fixed to it. (≠ˈ diving ˌ board noun [ C ]
[ SPORT ] a raised board next to a swimming pool that you jump from into the water)



I suffered from / I was a victim from food poisoning.

No comments: