Wednesday, December 03, 2014

ni2 3-4/12/14


recommend /ˌrekəˈmend/ verb [ T ]
1 SUITABLE to say that someone or something is good or suitable for a particular purpose
Can you recommend a good wine to go with this dish?
She has been recommended for promotion.
2 ADVISE to advise someone that something should be done
The judge is likely to recommend a long jail sentence.
[ + that ] The report recommended that tourists avoid the region.
The recommended dose is two tablets every four hours.
recommend something to somebody
I recommend this book to anyone with an interest in chemistry.
recommend something for something/somebody
Which type of oil do you recommend for my car?

Tracksuit
A pair tracksuit bottoms – a pair of leggings
Stripy
To catch them – I’ll get a pair for you
Could
I’m thinking of/about
Recommend a family car to you
Other features - equipment
Is near the shops

Recommend a place to eat to me
taste-try
Choose a cheaper (one) or a more expensive one
You don’t want to drink that
Another place
Recommend that you visit Galicia
Driving
It’ll be boiled octopus
I don’t know what to buy
I recommend that you buy
Perfume
And I can’t decide.
indecisive /ˌɪndɪˈsaɪsɪv/ adjective
not good at making decisions, or not producing a decision
She was weak and indecisive.
Can u recommend sth to me
Think of
Thinking of buying – I want to upgrade my phone.
Mine is
Try on an internet website called
Bought
The shipping service was far too slow. It took ages for the phone to arrive.

must  /mʌst/ noun
be a must
informal If something is a must, it is very important to have or do it.
The restaurant has become so popular that reservations are a must.


MUST vs HAVE TO

have  /hæv/ modal verb
1 have to do sth; have got to do sth
to need to do something or be forced to do something
I have to go to Manchester tomorrow.
Do we have to finish this today?
They've had to change their plans.

must negative short form mustn't
1 past tense had to to have to do something because it is necessary or important, or because of a law or order [↪ have, oblige]:
All passengers must wear seat belts.
It's getting late. I really must go.
You must work hard.
We must all be patient.
Must I pay now?
For the engine to work, the green lever must be in the 'up' position.
Accidents must be reported to the safety officer.


Go partying 

What’s your size?
Size:
MEASURE [MEASURES] [C] one of the different measurements in which things, for example clothes, food containers, etc are made
a size 10 skirt
What size shoes do you take?

I’d rather buy
It costs
cash 1 /kæʃ/ noun [ U ]
Word partners for cash

pay (in) cash • [£50/$100, etc] in cash • a cash machine • cash payments
1 COINS [ FINANCE ] money in the form of coins or notes (= paper money)
I'm taking £50 in cash .
Are you paying by cheque or cash ?

Recommend sth to me
Another present
To a ticket tout
I’m going to an out of town…
Option
Favourite
Sure
Other than that

Can I have a second helping?


Have an overdraft
Try it on
I’d rather give her
But he didn’t buy it for its price
Presents
Without trying it on
If it doesn’t fit you
Personal Details
Blouse
You want to look in different places
Material
in January
to a ticket tout
option
buying them before
in this country it doesn’t rain a lot.
Sales

Anything

No comments: