Thursday, March 14, 2013

ni2 14/3/13



Homework: reading p. 72/73, vocab. P. 74 and grammar, p. 75.



towards /təˈwɔːdz/ BrE, también toward /təˈwɔːd/ AmE UK  US  preposición
1 (en dirección a) hacia
I saw a man coming towards me.
Vi a un hombre que venía hacia mí.

OFF- only a short distance away from a place:
' class=pronsentence title="Look up a word starting with D or S for samples of headword or sentence pronunciations on the LDOCE CD-ROM" v:shapes="_x0000_i1025">Our hotel was just off the main street.
It’s an island off the coast of France

wide/narrow streets
roundabout
A roundabout route ≠ a shortcut.

It's a huge hotel on the corner. You can't miss it (=it is very easy to notice or recognize).

It’s not really my kind of thing
I don’t really feel like it.
I’m not really in the mood for that kind of thing.
It sounds a bit too trendy for me.
It looks a bit too touristy for me.
It sounds a bit too weird for me.

No comments: