Monday, March 04, 2013

nb1 4-5/3/13


Homework:p.50 (grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation) + p. 51 (Can you understand this text?)

Final exam: Monday, June 3rd. (CE, CO, EE), the speaking part (CO) is adifferent day


tired /taɪəd/ UK  US  adjetivo
1 cansado -a

Are you free this weekend? (free time)

Be careful!

What does your brother do? (=he)
What do your parents do? (=they)

Go cycling, jogging, shopping, dancing, swimming...
I like going shopping, clubbing...

I like chocolate
Do you like chocolate?
I like dancing.
Do you like dancing?
I’m hungry
Are you hungry?

yacht /jɒt/ UK  US  sustantivo
yate, velero

corneta sustantivo
(instrumento) bugle

life /laɪf/ UK  US  sustantivo (plural lives) (≠ Live /lɪv/ (verb) or live /laɪv/  (adj))
1 vida
They live (v) boring lives (n) because they never go to live (adj) concerts.
Ellos viven vidas aburridas porque nunca van a conciertos en vivo.

Inside ≠ outside

Concert Hall = It’s a place (or building) and people play or listen to music or concerts there.

orchestra /ˈɔːkɪstrə/ UK  US  sustantivo
It’s a group of people (musicians), they play different instruments

conductor /kənˈdʌktə/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 director -a (de orquesta/coro)
He gives instructions to the musicians.

youth /juːθ/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 (etapa de la vida) juventud
in my/his etc youth cuando era joven, en mi/su etc juventud

The government is/are very efficient.
The orchestra is/are very good. Its/their conductor is a grest professional.

Practise: play an instrument a lot of times.

steal /stiːl/ UK  US  verbo (pasado stole, participio stolen)
 [transitivo/intransitivo] robar
to steal (sth) from sb robarle (algo) a alguien
I stole £5 from my sister.
Le robé 5 libras a mi hermana.

Shoot: disparar


aged /eɪdʒd/ UK  US  adjetivo
aged 12/17 etc de 12/17 etc años de edad
a man aged between 25 and 30
Un hombre de entre 25 y 30 años de edad


He likes playing video games on his computer.

Where are your sisters?
Where is your sister?

I like going for a walk.
Do you like going for a walk?

I’m sleeping.

I go cycling at the weekend.
I’m going cycling now.
I like going cycling.

They don’t take drugs.


instead /ɪnˈsted/ UK  US  adverbio
1 instead of en lugar de, en vez de
He took mine instead of his.
Se llevó el mío en lugar del suyo.

A string music instrument


LEMON TREE

I'm sitting here in the boring/beautiful room
It's just another sunny/rainy Sunday afternoon
I'm wasting my time
I got nothing to do
I'm hanging around
I'm looking/waiting for you
But nothing ever happens and I wonder

I'm driving around in my car
I'm driving too fast/slowly
I'm driving too far
I'd like to change my point of view
I feel so lonely
I'm waiting for you
But nothing ever changes/happens and I wonder

I wonder how
I wonder why/where
Yesterday/Today you told me about the blue blue sky
And all that I can see is just a yellow lemon-tree
I'm turning my head/eyes up and down
I'm turning turning turning turning turning around
And all that I can see is just another lemon-tree

I'm standing/sitting here
I miss the power
I'd like to go out taking a shower
But there's a heavy cloud inside my head
I feel so tired/sad
Put myself into bed
While nothing ever happens and I wonder

Isolation is not good/easy for me
Isolation I don't want to sit on the lemon-tree

I'm steppin' around in the desert of joy
Baby anyhow I'll get another toy
And everything will happen and you wonder

I wonder how/who
I wonder why
Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sea/sky
And all that I can see is just another lemon-tree
I'm turning my head up and down
I'm turning turning turning turning turning around
And all that I can see is just a yellow lemon-tree
And I wonder, wonder

I wonder how
I wonder why
Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky
And all that I can see, and all that I can see, and all that I can see
Is just a yellow lemon-tree

No comments: