Thursday, December 12, 2019

B2 11-12/12/19

p. 46
1.- Men are better at navigating than women.
2.- Women talk more than men
3.- Women are more caring than men
4.- Women can multitask better than men.
5.- Men are better at telling jokes. joke /dʒəʊk/

Ex. 1e
Prove> show
Find> discover
Give reasons> argue
Become clear that> turn out

I have a cold.
I have a runny nose.
Blow your nose.
I’m a bit snotty.

p.209

A lawyer, doctor, teacher, nurse, university student/ˌjuːnəˈvɜːsəti/, web designer, union member, universal translator…
An architect, engineer, accountant, umbrella designer.

/w & j / in English are semiconsonants

I found an umbrella. The umbrella was under a table.

What a car!

I exercise 5 days a week / twice a day, three times a month….

a /ə; strong eɪ/
the /ðə; before vowels ði; strong ðiː/

I found an umbrella. The umbrella was under a table.

The teacher came late.
The keys are in the drawer.

The universe / The Thames / The Parliament / The pyramids in Egypt

I’ll go to the supermarket / the dentist’s / the bookshop… later


You’re simply the best

Cats are very independent animals.
The cats in my street are enormous.

I come from the work.
I’m going the home.


I’m at home
I’m at house
I’m in my house.
I’m in my home.

Today there’s pasta for the lunch / dinner.
The meeting is the Monday / on Monday.
The meeting is on the Monday

The meeting is the next Monday / week

A nurse, the hospital, a horrible day, in the car, Love stories, war films, the theatre, once a month, dinner, next Friday, a Chef, the best cook, the windows, home, dogs, the dogs, school, last week, happiness, money.

The, a, -, the, the, -, an, the, -, the, the, the, -, -, the, -, -, the, a, a, -, a, the, the, the, -.


p.47

though /ðəʊ $ ðoʊ/ ●●● S1 W1 conjunction   
1 used to introduce a statement that makes the main statement coming after it seem surprising, unlikely, or unexpected SYN although

Thought (think) /θɔːt $ θɒːt/

through /θruː/- a través

ques‧tion1 /ˈkwestʃən/ 

the/ə/ universe /ˈjuːnəvɜːs/
the /i/ umbrella /ʌmˈbrelə/


p.48
chalk- tiza


jigsaw puzzle
Jigsaw /ˈdʒɪɡsɔː $ -sɒː/ ●●○ noun [countable]   
1 (also jigsaw puzzle) a picture cut up into many pieces that you try to fit together

aisle /aɪl/ - pasillo
row- fila
suitable- adecuado
get hold of- adueñarse
sort of – tipo de
to be more/less likely- ser mas o menos probable
parents are to blame

slingshot- tirachinas

GAMES:
Tag- pillado
you’re it- tú la llevas
hide and seek- escondite
hopscotch- rayuela
red light, green light 1, 2, 3- 1, 2, 3 palito inglés
Still the beacon- el pañuelo
Parcheesi

Snakes and ladders

No comments: