Monday, March 02, 2015

2-3/3/15

Homework: Reading, p. 72.73

terrific /təˈrɪfɪk/ adjective
1 EXCELLENT excellent
a terrific opportunity
I thought she looked terrific.
weird /wɪəd/ adjective
very strange
I had a really weird dream last night.
dull 1 /dʌl/ adjective
1 BORING not interesting
a dull place
a dull person
2 NOT BRIGHT not bright
dull colours
dull weather

It’s not really my kind of thing.
I don’t really feel like it.
I’m not really in the kind of mood for that thing.
It sounds a bit too trendy for me.
It looks a bit too touristy for me.
It sounds a bit too weird for me.
I had a great time

How to organise an oral presentation for the exam.

Connectors
Correct
Variety vocab + structures

Topic: going out

What I did?

See what’s on
Latest Sponge bob  showing
dubbed
daughters really into

Did I like it?

plot
terrific, great fun (for them)
(although) expect better
Absolutely packed
Supposed to (little kids/adolescents)
‘d rather see    
In the end … glad


Conclusion

To sum up
Tend to… enjoy
I’m used to going … experience

If I were you

____________________________________



Installation art
noun. 1. art that is created, constructed, or installed on the site where it is exhibited, often incorporating materials or physical features on the site. 

Third time’s the charm/ the third time lucky

The latest

To be in labour/go into labour, labour pains
BIRTH [HEALTH] [C, U] the stage of pregnancy when a woman has pain in the lower part of her body because the baby is coming out

sightseeing /ˈsaɪtsiːɪŋ/ noun [ U ]
Word partners for sightseeing
do some / go sightseeing • a sightseeing tour / trip
the activity of visiting places which are interesting because they are historical, famous, etc
a sightseeing tour of London

get the most of it

Topic: houses (your dream house)

Coherence and cohesion (connectors)
Correct
Variety of vocabulary and structures

-     My current house
Nowadays Detached – outskirts
Not posh – not intimacy – low crime rate – not run down
Night life - annoying

-     My dream house
If I won the lot…
Could get used to living     villa
Isolated – desert island – overlook Pacific Ocean
Good sized room: Bathroom twice the size… must
Fully furnished

-     Conclusion

To sum up
Though happy
Get used to living
Commuting

Tend to take decisions - regret

No comments: