Wednesday, October 24, 2012

ni2 11-10-12


I’d rather (normally contracted) (I would rather)
I’d rather (followed by the infinitive) go to the cinema.
I’d rather not go (particle “not” used to make negative sentences).

Fancy (sth you fancy doing)

Inviting sb to do sth:

What about going to / having... on Monday?
What do you think if we go / buy / stay... ?
Let’s take / watch ...
Why don’t we call / order ...?
Do you fancy inviting / reading ...?

Dub a film.
Have a bath ≠ go for a swim
Go for a walk
You lazy bones...
To be in labour
Earthquake
Little known
That might do

Correct the following phrases (if necessary):

Talk with (Am. E.) / Talk to (Brit. E.) ...
/permanently/
Someone who is... / People who are...
I think the same of you... → I agree
She has divorced for three years. (She has been divorced for 3 yrs).
It depends if the person is an old person. (It depends on her age. If he is an old man...)

More follow-up questions:

Have you improved your English since then?
Are studying at university? /How long does it take you?
Do you get on well with them?
Would you like to change your job?
Would you like to do it again?
Are you really into your job?

No comments: