Thursday, November 28, 2013

ni2 27-28/11/13

…and feels-like temperature of 3°C.

The outskirts /ˈaʊtskɜːts/ noun
[ GEOGRAPHY ] the outer area of a city, town, or village.
There are plans to build a new stadium on the outskirts of Liverpool.

bored /bɔːd/ adjective
Feeling tired and unhappy because something is not interesting or because you have nothing to do
I'm bored with doing homework.
We were bored stiff (= extremely bored) in her lessons.
Boredom /ˈbɔːdəm/ noun [ U ]
When you are bored
I nearly died of boredom.

trial /traɪəl/

Guinea pig /ˈgɪniˌpɪg/ noun [C] ANIMAL a small animal with fur and no tail that people sometimes keep as a pet

body /ˈbɒdi/
average /ˈævərɪdʒ/
level /ˈlevəl/
laugh /lɑːf/
A burst of laughter
supposed /səˈpəʊzd/
recyclable /ˌriːˈsaɪkləbl/
pile /paɪl/
hepatitis /ˌhepəˈtaɪtɪs/
dirty /ˈdɜːti/

crammed /kræmd/ adjective
completely full of people or things
crammed commuter trains
The room was crammed with boxes.

cramped /kræmpt/ adjective
A cramped room, building, etc is unpleasant because it is not big enough.

ˈ Fire ˌ engine noun [ C ]
A vehicle for carrying firefighters and equipment for stopping large fires

Word partners for fire
put out / start a fire • a fire breaks out / burns / rages • be on fire • catch fire

harvest  /ˈhɑːvɪst/ verb [ I , T ]
[ FARMING ] to cut and collect crops when they are ready.

Ripe /raɪp/ adjective
[FOOD] developed enough and ready to be eaten.
Ripe bananas


I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
In England I got used to carrying my umbrella with me everywhere.
I’m used to driving long distances to work.
I ∅ used to eat almost no vegetables as a child.


suit /suːt/

No comments: