Tuesday, March 13, 2012

nb2 13/3/12




Grammar reference 6C: homework
HAVE or HAVE GOT (in negative)
I don’t have any problem / I haven’t got any problem.
Normally, I don’t have a shower in the morning. (NOT haven’t got)
Normally, I don’t have breakfast. (NOT haven’t got)
 IMPORTANT:
I haven’t any problem, I haven’t a shower or I haven’t breakfast ARE WRONG.
Haven’t is only used with the present perfect:
I haven’t decided yet.

Roz and Mel
Roz is indecisive about going to the party and about what to wear or who to go with.

comfortable  / ˈkʌmftəbəl/
Can you give me some advice / a piece of advice

My partner is indecisive because he finds it difficult to make decisions / he has problems deciding what to buy / he often changes his mind about…

Most of  the times…

X is decisive about what to wear, where to go, what to do, when to speak, how to say, who to see, which to pick, …

There’s a new film showing.

I find it difficult to speak in public, to sing out loud, to meet new people, ….
I have problems driving in the dark, writing with my left hand, playing basket, …

I think I’m indecisive / I DON’T think I’m indecisive.

equal 1 / ˈiːkwəl/: three times three ~s nine tres por tres son nueve

The note below is for advanced level. After like, enjoy, hate, dislike or love write a verb in the gerund… ( would like TO go / do / read…)
1a. I like playing football = I enjoy it, it gives me many impressions and creates a relaxing atmosphere
1b. I like to pay my rent at the end of the month = You prefer doing it if you have an opportunity to pay your rent at the end of the month rather than at the beginning. Probably, because there are fewer people standing in line at the bank office at this time of the month. 

cafécafe /kæˈfeɪ / ||/ ˈkæfeɪ/

No comments: