Thursday, February 02, 2012

nb2 2/2/12


You must/have to speak English in class (a rule or obligation)
You don’t have to speak English in class (not a rule or an obligation)
You mustn’t speak English in class (prohibited)
5C
A)
Jane has to work very hard.
Do you have to wear a uniform?
My sister doesn’t have to go to school.
Do I have to finish it now?
We don’t have to get up early tomorrow.
Does Harry have to work tomorrow?
We have to hurry or we’ll be late.
B)
Mustn’t, have to, don’t have, must/have to, mustn’t, don’t have, must/have to, don’t have.

experiment 1 /ɪkˈsperəmənt / || /ɪkˈsperɪmənt/
country / ˈkʌntri/
survive /sərˈvaɪv / || /səˈvaɪv/
completely /kəmˈpliːtli/
course 1 /kɔːrs / || /kɔːs/


Can you take me to Oxford street, please?
I’d like a beer, please.
Could you tell me the way to …?
This is Miguel, may I talk to …?
Could you tell me the time, please?

Did you get to the place?

a wee bit (adj.)

A, AN:
Before a word beginning with a vowel sound, use an• an elephant• an umbrella• an obvious mistake!! 
Use an before an 'h' that is not pronounced• an hour later• an honest explanation!! 
Use a before a 'u' that is pronounced like 'you'• a university• a unique opportunity!! 
Use an before an abbreviation that is pronounced with a vowel sound at the start• an SOS call• an MP3 file

No comments: