Wednesday, April 06, 2011

6-4-2011

In your sleep (=while he is sleeping)
A few/a couple of/eight etc hours' sleep
She managed on a few hours' sleep a night.
A light/deep sleep
Go to sleep
Put somebody/something to sleep
Sing/rock/lull etc somebody to sleep
Send somebody to sleep
p.143
A)
Most of, no room, everything, most, every, any, none, anybody.
B)
Either to Greece or to Italy.
Neither you nor I/of us...
Either (the) 6 May or (the) 7...
Both of my two children/my children both...
Neither my brother nor my sister smoke.
...
your (fair) share
a) if you have had your share of something, for example problems, success, or adventure, a lot of it has happened to you:
You've sure had your share of problems, haven't you?
He'd had more than his fair share of adventure.
b) your share of something is the amount that you deserve to have:
Don't worry - you'll get your fair share.

No comments: