Monday, March 08, 2010

4b-c 5a

4C

A 1 My sister is thinner than me.
2 I'm busier this week than last week.
3 Cambrige is further from London than Oxford.
4 I did the second exam worse than the first.
5 Chelsea played better than Arsenal.
6 The men in my office work are harder than the women.
7 My new job is more boring than my old job.

B 1 kelly isn't as tall as Cindy.
2 My case isn't as heavy as your case.
3 London isn't as big as Mexico City.
4 Tennis isn't as popular as football.
5 Adults don't learn languages as fast as children.
6 I don't work as hard as you.
7 England didn't play as well as France.

4D

A 1 Yesterday was the hottest day of the year.
2 This is the worst time to drive through the city centre.
3 She's the friendliest person in the class.
4 This is the most important part of the exam.
5 The best month to visit is September.
6 It's the most polluted city in the world.
7 The farthest I've ever flown is to Australia.

B 1 It's the best film I've ever seen.
2 He's the most unfriendly person I've ever met.
3 It's the hardest exam he's ever done.
4 They're the most expensive shoes she's ever bought.
5 It's the longest book I've ever read.
6 She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.
7 It's the worst meal I've ever had.

5A- a, Complete with to plus a verb

1 A. Hi, I’m Dagmara
B. I’m Renata. Nice to meet (adjective)

2 What do you want to do (verb)

3 I need to go (verb) to the bank. I don’t have any money.

4 Try not to make (verb) a noise. Your father’s asleep.

5 I’d really like to learn (verb) a new language

6 Be careful not to drive (adjective) too fast on the way home

7 She’s decided to leave (verb) her husband




5A- b, Match the sentence halves

1 He’s going to have a party  to celebrate getting the job (A)

2 You’ll need a visa  to book our tickets / to go to China (C/F)

3 Don’t forget to phone the restaurant  to book a table (G)

4 I stopped at the garage  to get some petrol (B)

5 She’s gone to the supermarket  to get some food for tonight (H)

6 I went to the travel agent’s  to go to China/ to book our tickets (F/C)

7 I’ll send them a text message  to tell them where we are (E)

No comments: