Thursday, November 22, 2007

Year 4: One of your job application letters

Ok guys, Toñi Carrasco wrote a letter that quite fits what I had in mind. I thought that maybe you would like to take a look at it so here it is. (Toñi, didn’t ask you for permission, if you don’t want it to be on the blog, tell me)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to apply for the position of receptionist which I saw advertised in the local newspaper.

I am 34 years old and came from Spain six months ago. Since then, I am working in a winter seasonal hotel up on the mountains. The season will finish in a couple of weeks time, so the hotel will close. Before having to go back to Spain so soon, I thought this job would give me the opportunity to stay here for a while to have a better knowledge of the British culture and language. Even though, my English language and computer skills are good enough for the job required since I have had previous experience in similar jobs, related to customer service, languages and computer and telephone skills.

I very much enjoy travelling, meeting people from all over the world, trying to communicate no matter the language, and, of course, exchanging customs, culture and friendship.

I would be able to attend an interview every afternoon from Monday to Friday after 5 pm.

I can provide references from the employer and from the employer and from the manageress of the hotel.

Yours faithfully

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.