Monday, October 16, 2017

NB1 16/10/17

What’s your surname?
It’s …
Can you spell it?
Yes, it is ...

Shall I spell it?

shall /ʆəl,,  acentuado ʆæl/ UK  US  verbo [modal] (contracción 'll, negativo shan't, o, más formal, shall not)
1 sugerencias y preguntas
Este uso solo es posible con  I  y  we.
 Shall I open the window?
 ¿Abro la ventana?
 Shall we ask her?
 ¿Se lo preguntamos?

Where is the stress?

stress /stres/ UK  US  sustantivo &
(en la pronunciación) acento

What’s your phone number?
It’s …

O, zero, one, two, three (double e), four, five, six, seven, eight, nine.

What page is it?
Open your book on page 5
Exercise 2

sentence /ˈsentəns/ UK  US  sustantivo & verbo
  sustantivo
1 oración [en gramática]

with /wɪð, wɪθ/

I am, My name is, you are, it is


I'm /aɪm/ UK  US   contracción de I am
you're /jɔː/ UK  US   contracción de you are
he’s /iz, hizstrong hiːz/
she's /ʆiːz/ UK  US
 •   contracción de she is
 •   contracción de she has
we’re /wɪə $ wɪr/
they’re /ðə; strong ðeə, ðeɪə $ ðər strong ðer, ðeɪər/

Homework: grammar bank p. 125, exercise 1A (a, b and c)


eg, también e.g. /iː ˈdʒiː/ UK  US  (= for example)
p. ej.


Subject pronoun = pronombre personal

(Yo) Como siempre en un restaurante
I always eat in a restaurant

(Pedro) siempre come en casa
Peter / He always eats at home

Peter and I are good friends. (siempre mayúscula)

You (tú/vosotros/usted/ustedes).

You are(V) tall.
Your car(N) is expensive.

He (+)
She (-)
It (objetos)
They (personas y objetos)

This is my class
These are my friends


write /raɪt/ UK  US  verbo (pasado wrote, participio written)
1  [transitivo/intransitivo] escribir



Peter is tall-> he’s tall

No comments: