Tuesday, May 29, 2012

nb2 29/5/12


Health

-        I’m not feeling _____ _____.                                      very well
-        Do you want a _____ _____ _____?                    glass of water
-        I think I need to get some _____ _____.              fresh air
-        Maybe you should just _____ _____.                   go home
-        I _____ my leg _____.                                          hurt dancing
-        I’ll be back in _____ _____.                                 five minutes

Health problems:
A headache, a backache, a toothache, a stomach ache, throw up, the flu, (have) a cold ≠ be constipated, sore throat, a cut, a broken bone…

What have you done to your leg?
If I go out for a few minutes, I’ll be OK.
Take your time.
Poor John.

Weather

Choose the right sentences and correct them:

1.       San Francisco is a nice city.                       
2.       She was there in May.                                                 March
3.       Most mornings it was freezing.                                   foggy
4.       She had fine warm clothes.                                        
…
5.       (Phoenix) His friend and he went to the dessert.
6.       It was hot and wet.                                                      dry
7.       They stayed into air conditioning buildings.
8.       It’s hotter in July.                                                        August
…
9.       Mexico was sunny during the day and rainy at night.
....
10. Toronto was cold and snowy.                      Sunny - warm
11. It didn’t rain.

A raincoat and an umbrella.
Sunny and warm.
No rain either.


Technology

Answer the questions:

What happens when you press record? The red light - strange
______ doesn’t come on + the film comes out looking ______.
How long has she had it?
______                           4 or 5 years
When was the last time she cleaned it?
______                           never
When will it be ready?
______                           later today
….
What’s the problem? (Say 2)
______  + ______                  funny noise + water comes out            
How long has she had it?
______                                   almost 4
Does this make often break down?
______                                   no
What can be the reason for that noise?
______                                   coin


It’s not working properly.
Later on today.
Load a dishwasher…
Leak
Almost 4 years
Get stuck

REPORTED SPEECH

Affirmative and negative sentences:

“Spain will recover from this crisis”
-        He said (that) Spain would recover from that crisis.
-        He told us (that) Spain would recover from that crisis.

“She doesn’t want to go on holiday next summer”
-        She said (that) she didn’t want to go on holiday the following summer.
-        She told me (that) she didn’t want to go on holiday the following summer.

Interrogative sentences:

“Will you marry me?”  (YES/NO)
- He asked (me) if I would marry him.

“Why don’t you ask her?”
- He asked him why he didn’t ask her.

Instructions:

“Sit down”
- He told me to sit down.
“Please, don’t go”
- He told me not to go.

No comments: